a² users...

Dorsai 19:58 28 Jul 04

Have you just had an auto e-mail about a new worm?

Worm.Win32.Mydoom.M Alert!

A new variant of the Mydoom Worm is spreading very well since Monday. Mydoom.M arrives via email as an attachment disguised as undeliverable email. The email subject and text is cleverly assembled to make the receiver think it is a returned email. The worm is located in the email attachment, sometimes packed in a ZIP archive file. If the receiver opens the archive and starts the included file, the worm will be activated. Once started, the worm tries to overload search engines like Google, Lycos, Altavista and Yahoo by harvesting new addresses. It also installs a backdoor trojan on the victim's PC which opens the port 1034 for remote administration.

Mydoom.M can be detected and removed with a² using the latest signature updates. The a² personal background guard blocks the worm immediately if it is started.

A more detailed description of the worm can be found at the a² Malware Database:
click here

Sincerely yours,

Your a² Team
click here

Note! This is an automatically sent post only email. Please do not reply.
Kindly note our contact page on our website or login at the a² Control Center to change or remove your newsletter subscription:
click here

Just though i'd say..Seems genuine, as the links go to a² home site, but then links are easy enough to type in...

gudgulf 20:07 28 Jul 04

I've just visited the A2 homepage and the alert you have posted is there----so yes it is genuine.

Dorsai 20:14 28 Jul 04

Thank god. I opened the mail without even thinking. If it had been a malware Mail i would now be looking at a blank screen me thinks.

Sigh of relief, and ignore mail as suggested by a².

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…