username and password box to enter part of site??

ĀÕL иàťﻍŗ 11:32 04 Jan 03
  ĀÕL иàťﻍŗ 11:32 04 Jan 03

hi only little me again with a question..... i would like to put a user name and password box on my website so only customers who i send the details to can access that certain part of the site.... i appreciate this may be beyond me but i have created a form for their details in frontpage and copied it into a webpage in dreamweaver and now i get emailed the results of the form as well as taking them to a thank you page..... what i am trying to get at is i am not a complete novice when it comes to these things.

and i would imagine that to create it is much like.... if they dont put the right details in the boxes the link wont work!!!

forgive me for being confusing but i hope you get what i mean... i have just bought a book on dreamweaver that tells me how to make the actual password box but not how to put it to use.......... my host supports fp extensions so i would like to use that if i can......... any help would be much appreciated..

recap 11:48 04 Jan 03

Sorry ĀÕL иàťﻍŗ I can't answer your question on how to but,

There is an implication here on the "Data Protections Act 1990". Do you have any type of Data Protection Policy running? It's reletively easy to set one up. Also you would need to be a regitered data handler which costs around £35.

Don't mean to be a damp squid.

regards

recap

MichelleC 12:29 04 Jan 03

Just a thought. If you opened a PayPal account I think there is a password entry facility. So all visitors could enter via approval.

tran1 12:33 04 Jan 03

This may help: click here

tran1 12:45 04 Jan 03

You could also try buying software to take the hassle out of programming: click here

tran1 12:54 04 Jan 03

A website Password protecting program free for commercial and non-commercial use: click here

There are a few more at: click here+

eg, 'asPassword 1.0' is $35

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…