Username and debugging

smeehee 21:41 22 Sep 03

hello all,
Well despite everyones advice i finally cracked over my last problem (well the PC did) and took it into the shop. Turns out (after reinstalling windows) that it was the little fan that had stopped therefore was crashing all the time. But heres 2 other teasers for you.

1. PC advisor has banned me cos my log on name was smeghead. I did not pick up the email telling me to change it before I was banned. Is there a moderator i can talk to to get my email address back on here??? (I currently have to use my sons and don't want to

2. Started to get error report snd PC asks me if I want to de-bug. what is this, and is it worth doing.

Your ever PCIlliterate (but Greatest fan)

:@)

MAJ 21:45 22 Sep 03

1. Try using the "contact moderator" button at the bottom of this post.

2. Need more info, OS, error message, what you're doing at the time, etc.

smeehee 21:48 22 Sep 03

It appears after various web sites.

I did press yes once but there was so much information in the debugging process that I got scared...:@S so cancelled it.

It dosn't seem to cause a problem, but I'd like to learn what it's doing?

pepe 21:50 22 Sep 03

In IE Explorer go to TOOLS, choose ADVANCED tab and puy a tick in DISABLE SCRIPT DEBUGGING

MAJ 21:52 22 Sep 03

You could try turning off script debugging in IE > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab, tick the "Disable script debugging" box. You still haven't said which OS, in czse that doesn't work, smeehee.

smeehee 21:55 22 Sep 03

Really want to learn what is going on. My O/S is windows 98.

Also I would like to learn what the bloke in the PC shop charged me £50 for. How can I really learn how a PC works. What can I safely delete, what is vital. What are pifs, and pofs, and all the jargon.
As you have all probably realised I am a bit of a twit on the old machine, but really hate parting with cash. Any advice

smeehee 22:05 22 Sep 03

Debugging switched off....But how can I save myself computer cash (and maybe help people on her), cos when i read this site most of the questions bamboozle me, never mind the answer

MAJ 22:11 22 Sep 03

It's just experience, reading posts, using search engines, and fiddling around with your PC, there are some professionals around but most of us just tinker and read the computer magazines.

smeehee 22:22 22 Sep 03

Or point me towards somewhere that I can learn all the stuff you lot know. (I don't even know what the little padlock that appears sometimes next to the system tray is...:@)

smeehee 22:25 22 Sep 03

Everytime i fidle, I seem to upset the thing and something goes trajically wrong. Now if I could fiddle in a secure way I may be tempted..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…