user.exe

menorcarob2 11:14 17 Apr 04

win98 will not start it says that user.exe is bad,
how do i reinstall user.exe i only have a floppy drive as the laptop will not see the external cdrom, i have another laptop with win98 so i can get around some of the problem, where is user.exe stored and where will i copy a good version from.

tahnks

VoG II 11:19 17 Apr 04

Is click here the message? If so you can get the damaged .dll from click here

menorcarob2 16:28 17 Apr 04

have done that and i still get the same error, any other ideas would be appreciated

VoG II 16:43 17 Apr 04

Is the message the one given in my first click here? If not, please can you post the exact message.

menorcarob2 12:09 18 Apr 04

it is exactly the same "Error loading User.exe. You must re-install Windows. " sorry for the delay in my reply.

VoG II 12:24 18 Apr 04

Well, all that I can find on this error points to a missing/damaged dll as above.

Did you copy the downloaded file into C:\Windows\System ?

menorcarob2 15:22 18 Apr 04

although i have not fixed it completely what i did was copy user.exe from another win98 installation, and replaced the old one, i now have windows running but when i try to run SFC it give error message and closes SFC, I am reloading win98 and will let you know how it works out

menorcarob2 16:33 18 Apr 04

windows finished and the system is fine thanks very much for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…