user.exe

menorcarob2 11:14 17 Apr 04

win98 will not start it says that user.exe is bad,
how do i reinstall user.exe i only have a floppy drive as the laptop will not see the external cdrom, i have another laptop with win98 so i can get around some of the problem, where is user.exe stored and where will i copy a good version from.

tahnks

VoG II 11:19 17 Apr 04

Is click here the message? If so you can get the damaged .dll from click here

menorcarob2 16:28 17 Apr 04

have done that and i still get the same error, any other ideas would be appreciated

VoG II 16:43 17 Apr 04

Is the message the one given in my first click here? If not, please can you post the exact message.

menorcarob2 12:09 18 Apr 04

it is exactly the same "Error loading User.exe. You must re-install Windows. " sorry for the delay in my reply.

VoG II 12:24 18 Apr 04

Well, all that I can find on this error points to a missing/damaged dll as above.

Did you copy the downloaded file into C:\Windows\System ?

menorcarob2 15:22 18 Apr 04

although i have not fixed it completely what i did was copy user.exe from another win98 installation, and replaced the old one, i now have windows running but when i try to run SFC it give error message and closes SFC, I am reloading win98 and will let you know how it works out

menorcarob2 16:33 18 Apr 04

windows finished and the system is fine thanks very much for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…