User Specific - Local Area Connection - Unplugged

wsm23 01:56 26 Nov 05

I have a perplexing problem. I have a Realtek RTL8139 NIC and cannot identify where my problem is. My wife and I logon seperately. When Windows XP boots up we select different logons or user accounts. My user (admin) rarely if ever loses connection. My wife can lose connection 2 or three times a minute.

I have updated the driver, changed modems, changed routers, contacted the ISP, changed cables, nothings seems to make a diference. I am running Windows XP SP2.

If I can maintain a connection, but my wife cannot on the same PC then what could the problem be?

Forum Editor 08:43 26 Nov 05

might be to give your wife's account administrator rights. Try it.

Graham ® 09:03 26 Nov 05

On the wife's profile, check the modem in Device Manager, Power Management, 'Allow computer to turn off..' is not checked.

wsm23 13:58 26 Nov 05

Will try both fixes thanks for the advice. Will let you know if it works. PC is at home and I have to work today.

wsm23 03:25 01 Dec 05

I checked the " Device Manager, Power Management, 'Allow computer to turn off..' is not checked." solution and have not had a dropped connection since. Thanks for the help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…