User settings issues re Scheduled Tasks?

robert1960 04:09 17 Sep 07

Hi,
I could really use some help with a possible User/Permission conflict in Scheduled Tasks.

I am using a standalone PC at home. AMD Athlon XP 2400+ Using windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 (build 2195)

It was originally part of a network connected to a server at my work.

I have tried to run Spybot search and destroy and Adaware 2007 through Scheduled Task but am getting the same errors STATUS: Could not start

My fear is, whilst tinkering about regarding a previous dll issue, which has now been resolved (through this forum, thanks), that I may have possibly changed some user account info causing a conflict

I have run Belarc Advisor which shows that I have 2 local user accounts??? Is this causing a conflict?
Users
local user accounts last logon
Administrator 16/09/2007 23:25:00 (admin)
Standard 16/09/2007 20:54:56 (admin)

local system accounts
ASPNET never
Guest never

In the Properties of Spybot under Task is a box by "Run As:" which has STANDARD\standard in it

( Pressing Ctrl/Alt/Delete to bring up windows security states "Standard is logged on as STANDARD\standard") is this the same as "Standard",one of the local user accounts shown above?

When I checked the security tab in Properties there are 3 listed?

Administrators (STANDARD\ Administrators)
Standard (STANDARD\standard)
SYSTEMS
All have full permissions when I highlight them

I noticed that it is "Administrator" in Local User account (see above) but "Administrators" under the security Tab.

Basically can anyone deduce from above what I need to do to get Scheduled Tasks to run these programs? And do I actually have a user conflict issue, Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

brundle 14:25 17 Sep 07

Change RunAs user to Administrator.
Administrator is the account, Administrators is the account type or group - click here

robert1960 00:40 18 Sep 07

Hi Brundle,

unfortunately changing RunAs user to Administrator did not resolve this. It shows the task as Running in Scheduled Task but the application (Spybot search & Destroy) is not.

It has been running since 15:11pm (Monday) and it is now 12:40am!(Tuesday) I think that is long enough, don't you? (LOL)

Any suggestions, anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced