User Rights

Mr. T 07:30 28 Oct 03

I maintain a computer at work, which is for the sole use of our hotel guests. They use it to brows the internet and check thier emails and so on.

Every now and then, someone changes the settings, for example, the connection settings, user name and password, ISP and the number used to connect.

I use Tiscali pay&go for the internet connection.
My question is in two parts:
Part one: How do I lock out anyone else from changing settings. I do know how to set up user passwords and so on, but how do I include everything apart from internet ixplorer and word?

Part two: is it possible to make ixplorer connect to the internet without the logging window ever appearing and how do I do it?

I may have not made myself very clear, but I hope that someone will pick up what I'm trying to say and suggest some clear steps to achieving this.

recap 08:40 28 Oct 03

W98 security is not that good i'm affraid Mr. T. If you upgraded to XP Pro then you would be able to lock users out of everything you wanted to.

To automatically dial-up IE on start-up drag and drop a shortcut of IE the Start-up folder.

tbh72 10:00 28 Oct 03

Poledit.exe on the 98SE disk gives you access to some features, you might like to investigate that root.

Mr. T 12:07 29 Oct 03

Thank you for your responses. I have managed to do something, not much but enough to establish two users, myself and the guests, whether it works or not, only time will tell.

Thank you again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…