The user profile service service failed to logon.

charliejay11 10:54 16 May 10

i have ad my laptop for just over a year now, and i have had no problems with it. I was using it fine yesterday, and then i went to go onto it last night and after i put my password into it it come up with the message 'The user profile service service failed to logon'. i have looked on man websites to find an answer to what i should do, and most of the websites tell me to do a system restore, but then when i go to do that it comes up with the message ' Your computer is running in a limited diagnostic state. If you use System restore in this limited state, you cannot undo the restore operation'. anyone got any ideas, as i realy need to use my computer.

northumbria61 11:02 16 May 10

If you can't do a "System Restore" try this -

Restart computer. While windows is booting hit the F8 key repeatedly. This will bring you to advanced boot options. Select Last known good configuration and you should be good to go.

charliejay11 11:13 16 May 10

i just comes up with the user profile service service failed to logon :/

northumbria61 11:13 16 May 10

You could also check to see if the User Profile Service is running in "Services" - can be accessed via Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services - Scroll down to "User Profile Service" and select it - if it NOT running select "Restart the Service" from left hand pane.

charliejay11 11:20 16 May 10

i have gone onto the user profile service bit, but didnt really understand what you had said to do

northumbria61 11:24 16 May 10

In SERVICES you get a full list - scroll down and one will be named USER PROFILE SERVICE - you can RIGHT CLICK on it and select RESTART.

northumbria61 11:29 16 May 10

A description of the USER PROFILE SERVICE -

This service is responsible for loading and unloading USER PROFILES. If this service is stopped or disabled, users will no longer be able to logon or logoff, applications may have problems getting to user's data, and components registered to receive profile event notifications will not receive them.

charliejay11 11:30 16 May 10

it is still coming up with that message :/

northumbria61 11:37 16 May 10

"Your computer is running in a limited diagnostic state"

GO to START - RUN - type "msconfig" (without the commas) - on the SYSTEM CONFIGURATION screen - GENERAL TAB Make sure NORMAL STARTUP (Load all device drivers and services) is selected - if not do that then click APPLY - OK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…