User Profile Service failed the login. User Profile cannot be loaded

tallboy 12:37 13 Nov 13

My wife just tried to log onto her account on her Dell portable PC (which runs 64-bit Windows 7) and got the message:'The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded.'

I can log on (as administrator) on the same PC OK. How do I fix / re-generated her logon profile so that she can access her files?

All suggestions welcoms, tallboy

northumbria61 12:49 13 Nov 13

Have a read here Microsoft Support

Secret-Squirrel 12:55 13 Nov 13

Tallboy, I've encountered that problem a couple of times and a System Restore was all it took to fix it. If you're not familiar with it then here's how. Pick a date when the computer was running fine but don't go further back than you need to.

tallboy 14:58 13 Nov 13

Many thanks for the quick replies northumbria61 & Secret-Squirrel. First I tried Method 3 on the Microsoft Support Page - using an MS FixIt routine. This didn't work, so I went to method 1 - careful manual modification of the registry. Fortunately this did work, so my wife can now use her PC again.

Thanks again northumbria61 - it would have taken me ages to locate those pages in Microsot's 'den' of information!

Regards

tallboy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…