User Profile Service failed the login. User Profile cannot be loaded

tallboy 12:37 13 Nov 13

My wife just tried to log onto her account on her Dell portable PC (which runs 64-bit Windows 7) and got the message:'The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded.'

I can log on (as administrator) on the same PC OK. How do I fix / re-generated her logon profile so that she can access her files?

All suggestions welcoms, tallboy

northumbria61 12:49 13 Nov 13

Have a read here Microsoft Support

Secret-Squirrel 12:55 13 Nov 13

Tallboy, I've encountered that problem a couple of times and a System Restore was all it took to fix it. If you're not familiar with it then here's how. Pick a date when the computer was running fine but don't go further back than you need to.

tallboy 14:58 13 Nov 13

Many thanks for the quick replies northumbria61 & Secret-Squirrel. First I tried Method 3 on the Microsoft Support Page - using an MS FixIt routine. This didn't work, so I went to method 1 - careful manual modification of the registry. Fortunately this did work, so my wife can now use her PC again.

Thanks again northumbria61 - it would have taken me ages to locate those pages in Microsot's 'den' of information!

Regards

tallboy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…