User profile service failed login

pcquestions 10:52 05 Sep 14

Hi all

How do I fix this? User profile cannot be uploaded. I am unable to log on as administrator.

northumbria61 11:27 05 Sep 14

Take a look at User Profile

pcquestions 09:53 06 Sep 14

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, it is the ADMINISTRATOR account I am unable to login to. This means I cannot make any changes to my computer or download software. I can use the user account but all my stuff is on the other account. On reflection I should have used the user account for general use and the Admin one for making changes.

Still looking for an answer

Secret-Squirrel 11:41 06 Sep 14

I've tackled this problem a few times now and a simple System Restore is all that it took to fix it. However, you'll need to use the version that runs outside of Windows, so with your PC off, turn it on and start tapping the F8 key quickly until you get to the screen that looks like this. Choose "Repair your computer" and follow the prompts until you arrive at the "System Recovery Options" screen. Choose System Restore and select a restore point that immediately pre-dates the start of your problem.

Note that not all computers will have the "Repair your computer" option. Nearly all the ones from big-name brands (like HP, Dell, etc) will though.

1]: [click here

onthelimit1 11:59 06 Sep 14

If system restore fails, the other solution I've used is to start in safe mode again, then follow option 1 in this link. It involves modifying the registry, so don't proceed if you're not happy with doing that.

Joe G 20:26 06 Sep 14

I had this problem a few weeks ago and tried everything but in the end had to edit the registry - but it worked a treat - just be very careful!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac