User Profile Hive Cleanup

Jackcoms 17:15 15 Apr 06

OK, so I've installed Microsoft's User Profile Hive Cleanup tool to clean User Profiles which fail to log-off correctly.

Er, how do I use this tool??!!

VoG II 17:38 15 Apr 06

As far as I can see you just inmstall it click here

Coff 17:46 15 Apr 06

You don't need to do anything as it runs as a service which automatically starts with Windows. It should be showing up in Task Manager as uphclean.exe and will make sure profiles are unloaded correctly when logging off or closing down.

Jackcoms 17:55 15 Apr 06

Thanks for your quick responses.

Yep, it's certainly running in Task Manager.

I'm not fully convinced that it's working though, because of the 4 profiles on my PC at least one often hangs on log off.

I see that MS have a much newer version than the one I'm currently using click here

Is it OK to simply install the newer version and overwrite my existing version do you know?

Coff 18:06 15 Apr 06

You should be able to uninstall your existing version from Add or Remove Programs.

Jackcoms 18:11 15 Apr 06

Now, why didn't I think of that??

Duh!! I'd better NOT open that second bottle of red, after all!

Thanks, again. ;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…