'user profile cannot be loaded'

kiz 11:17 15 Mar 11

I have two user accounts, one with admin rights and one without. (I was advised to do this for added security). When I try to logon to the user account with admin rights I get the message: The User Profile Service service failed the login. User profile cannot be loaded.

There seems lots of conflicting advice out there. Any help here would be appreciated. I am running Vista 32 bit with service pack 2.
thanks

kiz 14:00 15 Mar 11

I have tried to folow the instructions for editing the registry but it will not me change anything. I think the problem is that the user account which is corrupt is the admin account, so I can only get into the registry (via safe mode) with my non adin account. Not sure what to do now?

kiz 14:01 15 Mar 11

sorry for typos, I mean admin account of course

kiz 18:05 20 Mar 11

I'm really sorry I havent got back to you sooner 124 but I havent been well.
I have followed your first tip and can now get into safe mode as Administrator. (I also have options A1 which is my rogue admin account and A2 my account without admin rights) but dont know how to fix the problem from here. Can I just delete A1 and make a new admin account or what?
Your help needed...

Ford Prefect 01 21:22 20 Mar 11

I would like to vouch for the suggestion to use the link in the second post. I had a similar problem recently and it worked perfectly.

kiz 21:24 20 Mar 11

Yes, I have just sorted it out now and thank 124 very much for your help. I will click resolved now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…