User permissions for programs

Channel 21:51 16 Jun 10

I've set up a user account on my Vista laptop for when my grandchildren use it-aged 11 and 9.I notice that certain programs-utilities,and others, are present on the desktop when they log in, and I'd like to change them so they can't be accessed.Presumably, deleting the shortcut won't do.(I've set up parental controls for their account)I know when installing programs, one has the option of stipulating which accounts can access them, but I can't find how to change this later.

FRANKMAC 22:01 16 Jun 10

Right click on the icon and go to properties. from there go to security tab and select the account you have set up for them. Then click the edit button, and you can adjust the permissions they can have.

HTH

mac

peter99co 22:18 16 Jun 10

With young children in mind it could be a good move to install K9. This confines them to specific safe viewing set by you.

click here

FRANKMAC 22:27 16 Jun 10

Wasn't aware of that program, looks like a good solution too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…