USER NAMES

xptosmtbd 18:28 25 May 04

When using multiple user names or e-mail address on the internet, I know that all you have to do is double click the box where you are to type your user name/e-mail address and your list of the previous names/e-mail addresses come up. How do I get rid of these if I want to, so that they don't show.I am running xp home.....Thanks

VoG II 18:34 25 May 04

In IE, Tools/Internet Options, Content tab, Autocomplete button, Clear forms button.

Charence 18:35 25 May 04

If you go to TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > DELETE COOKIES in Internet Explorer, you should be able to delete them.

If in future you don't want these to be remembered, you can select boxes which say "This is a public computer, don't remember my username and password."

Charence

xptosmtbd 18:42 25 May 04

Hi, I have tried both these options and it doesn't work, I don't understand why, but the names/e-mail address are still there when I double click?? I have re-started after clearing the forms etc.....

Eric10 20:08 25 May 04

This may be taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut but this little program click here clears your passwords, history, Internet cache, cookies, temporary files etc. etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…