user name and password when opening outlook

Daisy22 19:09 02 Mar 06

Each time I open Outlook express 6 I am asked to enter my "user name and password for the following server". This is really annoying and my question is - can I turn this off so that I don't have to do this each time. There is a tick in the box "remember password".

Is this a problem to do with my server - if so, sorting this out would be difficult as it's in another language and I have tried to find a solution.

Should I change some sort of setting in Outlook Express 6 so that it remembers this?

VoG II 19:55 02 Mar 06

If you mean that it isn't remembering your password click here

Daisy22 11:50 03 Mar 06

I looked at the link, followed the process it mentions but, the list only showed my msn messenger contacts, not the file it said I should find?

terryf 06:15 04 Mar 06

Outlook Express
On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
Click the Mail tab, and then click Properties.
On the Server tab, check the following:
Does the mail account details match the ones given to you by your ISP? Is the remeber password ticked?

Daisy22 09:50 04 Mar 06

Terryf - yes I've done all that and it still doesn't make any difference. Each time I open outlook I still have to type in the password.

remind 10:06 04 Mar 06

click here
When you find the registry key mentioned in the above article, right click and select Export before you change it - saves that part of the registry in case any mistakes are made editing it, just double click the .reg file you saved to merge it back in.

terryf 00:48 07 Mar 06

Look at click here for a password viewer utility

terryf 01:11 07 Mar 06

One way to overcome this might be to set up a new account and write down the new password, then send all your friends the new account email address and always use that. After a time when this is working OK, delete the account that you have problems with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5