user name and access

LivEviL 21:09 29 Jun 06

righto i have a new (well new to me) laptop which I brought from a friend! when i got it i took everything but the OS off iv deleted all the accounts but one, this account iv renamed it to personalise with my self ect ect but the user name in the document and settings folder is still the old users name and i cant change this

i found out how to change it ( i have to rename the folder in another account then go into the registry and change the name in the profile list)

my problem is that when i go in stafe mode and go in the default administrator to change it, it says i have no access to this folder coz its protected, this is because when i changed the user authorities and other stuff around, i ticked a box saying protect all file of this user (somthing along those lines)

how do i un-tick this box to change the folder to change the registry to change the user name in documents and settings, i cant find it newhere

its windows XP home SP2 :-)

fitshase 21:27 29 Jun 06

Easiest thing is:-

Rename current account to xyz

Create a new account in the name desired

Delete the old account (but tell XP to keep the files).

Copy the files from the old one to the new one.

Delete the old files.

I've just done this recently and it doesn't take much to do. Remember to copy across your favourites and mail folders (if any).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…