User Accounts Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Minxster 19:57 19 May 06

Hi, I wonder if someone can help me? I have recently bought a new computer with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition installed on it and so far have not had many problems. As my sons are frequently on the net I have decided to set up separate user accounts for them and to limit what they can view according to their ages. I have successfully set up new users with myself as the Computer Administrator as requested by the computer (not that I wanted to this) but I have now lost the original set up which was registered to my husband and therefore all the documents he had in his files. I have used the search engine to get to files I need so I know they are still in the system but this is a real nuisance. I was assuming the fact he was set up as Administrator meant that the next user (myself) would be an ordinary user but there was no overide on the command for Computer Administrator. Is there anyway of resetting the account or do I have to delete the users???

Your help would be much appreciated

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:08 19 May 06

Can you use system restore to get back to where you were before setting the new account?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…