User accounts in Windows XP

Tangy 18:49 27 Dec 03

I have only one account in my Windows XP Pro & therefore am the administrator. Recently, when I went into safe mode & it showed 2 users; one was the one I normally use & the other called the administrator. What I don't understand is:

1. Why it doesn't show 2 users in normal mode?
2. I am the only user & therefore also the administrator, so why are there 2 users under safe mode?

VoG II 18:53 27 Dec 03

I'm set up similarly and I have exactly the same. I think it is "behavior by design" as Microsoft would say.

billyliv 18:56 27 Dec 03

Hi, Leave 'Safe Mode' well alone until you need it. Normally in XP you will never need it. Dont experiment with your OS. Suffice to say, If it aint broke, leave it. Cheers, Bill

Steve-0 19:37 27 Dec 03

You proberly both installed windows xp yourself right? anyways this administrator account is set up by default and can only be seen in safe mode. It is safe to delete it but to do so you will need to get the Tweak UI powertoy for Xp and goto logon and show this account if you cannot get the password for the account it is the very first password that you used.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…