User accounts in windows 7

kumo22 18:08 13 Jan 11

I recently bought an emachines laptop with windows 7. I had not used 7 previous to this. I set up four user accounts under the names Michael, Nichola, Joel, and Work.

In the Users folder the following user accounts have been set up:

Michael - which is empty
Michael.emachines - which contains all the folders I would expect e.g documents, pictures

Nichola - which is empty
Nichola.emachines - which contains all the folders I would expect e.g documents, pictures

Work - which is empty
Work.emachines - which contains all the folders I would expect e.g documents, pictures

Joel - which contains all the folders I would expect e.g documents, pictures

As indicated the only user account created the way I would expect it to be is that in the name Joel. The others seem to have a duplicate. What is strange is that when logging on only the created names are listed. If however you select the Michael user name you indirectly select the folders under Michael.emachines and likewise if you save a file it is saved in the Michael.emachines folders.

Can anyone explain why this has happened and whether it is beneficial to delete the empty accounts and rename the others.

Thank you
Michael

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:41 13 Jan 11

Any thing here click here

kumo22 13:00 02 Feb 11

Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…