User Accounts - Strange Happenings

Lady Lara 13:33 21 Feb 07

I have 2 accounts enabled on my PC. One one account you cannot delete yahoo emails at the yahoo mail server and also the 'search' box in ebay has vanished and the script is different.

When I Switch User all is ok. I have deleted the bad user and created a new one..... Same problem?

This PC is networked and virus and avg spyware, spybot etc are all clear. My son did have something called Verminiser or something but i have deleted that.

Anyone?

LL

Kate B 13:36 21 Feb 07

Verminiser is a trojan - have you completely shifted it?

Lady Lara 13:40 21 Feb 07

I will recheck all PC's.

Back soon but if anyone else can think of anything else...?

gudgulf 13:53 21 Feb 07

click here

It also comes bundled with one of the many Zlob trojans.

Try SuperAntispyware (free edition)which is good at dealing with this threat click here

birdface 14:05 21 Feb 07

Dont suppose it was the same as the last one on this thread.click here

Lady Lara 16:45 22 Feb 07

I have run every known test , spybot, adaware, avg spyware, avg, kaspersky online, cleanup and panda online. Still got trouble with the other user account.

In addition if you click start/all programs there is a strange folder called 'everything' which is empty but I have nver seen that before. Bear in mind this is a new account untouched since creation yesterday!

ebay search box is still missing and yahoo cannot delete mail in this account only.

LANDCRUISER 23:56 22 Feb 07

Make sure that you disable system restore befor you run adaware programs,you will lose all your restor point

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…