//some 3rd party need geo

user accounts: scan separately?

wots it all about 20:18 14 Dec 05

Hello

Running all the usual scans in safe mode and as administrator showed the pc was clear of infections, but when I logged on as a different user and scanned again (in safe mode) they picked up quite a few malware, does this mean that each user should scan the pc independently?

I is confused!!!

muscic lover 20:48 14 Dec 05

You shouldn't need to scan each user account, but it wont hurt to start with.

What are you using as spyware scanner and firewall??

I suggest that you use Norton 2006 edition of firewall and Microsoft antispyware and when paranoia sets in use Spybot search and destroy and thenAdaware SE (personal edition). All the programmes are free (except Norton) and one picks up malware that others may 'pass over'.

Happy Christmas and happy PC health too!

wots it all about 20:59 14 Dec 05

Hiya

Well, I'm not a lover of Norton I'm afraid, always had bad experiences with it.....sigh.....
I use AVG, and have zonealarm. I also use spybot and adaware,ewido, spywareblaster,Ccleaner, CWS, IE spyad.....(not paranoid honest) and did have Ms Antispyware but got fed up with it keep asking me things....
Anyway, I think I will tell everybody to scan, not just leave it to the administrator!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…