User Accounts

woodchip 16:19 PM 23 May 11
Answered

What's the Point of a Administrator on a single user Home Laptop that cannot be accessed when needed. How Can I change this if I need to use it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:21 PM 23 May 11

Elevated command prompt

Open the Start Menu. Click on All Programs and Accessories, then right click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.

woodchip 16:46 PM 23 May 11

Fruit Bat /\0/\ If I can Explain, I bought this HP Laptop about four years ago it was a Display model so it had been setup and backed up to the Hard Drive rather than Discs, I phoned HP and they sent both a Restore CD with Drivers and a XP Home oem CD free. But I had to clean up the disc to some degree As they had a user Name and some files on it. I went into regedit to change the User but this may have had a Password that was not changed or Removed as if I try logging off then click on administrator It will not let me With log in Bock blank or otherwise. How can I find out if they set a Admin Password without Deleting my own name etc

woodchip 16:46 PM 23 May 11

Fruit Bat /\0/\ If I can Explain, I bought this HP Laptop about four years ago it was a Display model so it had been setup and backed up to the Hard Drive rather than Discs, I phoned HP and they sent both a Restore CD with Drivers and a XP Home oem CD free. But I had to clean up the disc to some degree As they had a user Name and some files on it. I went into regedit to change the User but this may have had a Password that was not changed or Removed as if I try logging off then click on administrator It will not let me With log in Bock blank or otherwise. How can I find out if they set a Admin Password without Deleting my own name etc

woodchip 16:50 PM 23 May 11

woodchip 16:53 PM 23 May 11

woodchip 17:18 PM 23 May 11

woodchip 17:19 PM 23 May 11

Sorry about that I kept getting the Error Page

woodchip 18:49 PM 23 May 11

Fruit Bat /\0/\ Tried it, but it said blank password not allowed

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:01 PM 23 May 11

Hidden Admin activate this and delete the other admin account

woodchip 19:03 PM 23 May 11

I am on XP Home Laptop, the link is for Win7

Will it still work or is it a different rout to follow?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites