User Accounts

emmandelo1 21:56 08 Jan 07

I have a problem when I turn on my computer. I appear to have two 'administrator' account. One called 'Administrator' and another in my own name which is also an administrator account. When the machine starts up (Win XP) it automatically goes into the admin account that I don't want. I then have to switch user to get into my account. Then I try to delete the other account but it won't let me as it is also logged on. How do I delete this unwanted account?

Eric10 22:12 08 Jan 07

Go to Start, Run and type "control userpasswords2" but without the quotes. Put a tick next to "Users must enter a user name and password to use this machine" then click OK. Now repeat the above but remove the tick this time. When you click OK you will get a dialogue where you can type in the user name you want to be the default one and once you have done this it will automatically logon as this user. You cannot delete the system Administrator account.

emmandelo1 22:22 08 Jan 07

Thank you Eric10, problem solved, and it has also removed that other account from the user account list. So now I have just my own named 'admin' account and the 'guest' account. Now to set a system restore point before it goes silly again! Cheers.

nick_j007 11:15 25 Jan 07

Exactly my issue too...this has sorted it thanks.

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…