user accounts

ole1999 17:19 23 Aug 05

Hello

My sister recently set up a new user account on my p.c when she came to visit, i use a password for my p.c so she set up the account so she could get online.

When i log on now i have my own account and also my sisters which requires her password, i want to delete her account but don't know how too.

When i installed msn last night i ended up getting all my sisters emails etc from msn and was logged on as my sister, now she can't get onto msn from her home as it keeps saying you are logged on as a different user or something.

so i would appreciate how i erase the account she set up on my pc, i don't seem to see anything from the user account in control panel.

Thanks in advance

mattyc_92 17:55 23 Aug 05

To start off with, tell your sister to change her password to her MSN account.

Now.... To your problem...

Go to "Start->Control Panel->User Accounts" and select her account from the list.... Select the "Delete this account" option.

To stop your system from displaying the Welcome Screen, go to "Start->Run" and type in "control userpasswords2" (but without the quatations). Untick the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" option and click OK.

In the dialog that comes up, type in YOUR username and password into both the fields below....(if you haven't got a password for this account, leave this field blank). Now click OK

mattyc_92 17:56 23 Aug 05

that proceedure is for WinXp (which I am guessing you are using?)

ole1999 18:18 23 Aug 05

Thanks matty, i have not spoken to my sister yet, do you mean for her to use the same password she uses for msn and for her p.c.

I am using xp BTW

cheers

mattyc_92 18:20 23 Aug 05

No, your sister should CHANGE her MSN account password for added security. You should really do this in anyway, but no-one seems to bother (including me) and them wonder why/how someone has hacked into their "area"

ole1999 18:29 23 Aug 05

will do

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

mattyc_92 18:48 23 Aug 05

You are welcome ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…