User account

tonyq 11:11 07 Jun 06

I have set up a new user account in Win xphome.

1.When using this account I can log on to the internet,view web pages,but find I am unable to search for anything eg while on the Google page,anyone any ideas why I cannot search.I can search from the other user accounts.

2.Is it some how possible to be able to drag and drop files from one user account to another user account.

ade.h 12:40 07 Jun 06

1. I'm not sure.

2. Yes, provided neither account has privacy enabled on its user folders. If it does, use Shared Documents (in My Comp). This is the documents folder for Docs and Settings\All Users.

VoG II 14:15 07 Jun 06

What happens when you try to search?

tonyq 15:48 07 Jun 06

Hi,
in short nothing,which ever programme I use to search with, pages load o.k.click to search nothing happens.What I cannot understand is why I can use search engines on other user accounts.Forgot to mention am using I.E6 with NIS

ade.h 15:56 07 Jun 06

Oh.... NIS. Possibly to blame? Not sure. Got rid of it myself many years ago!

What about other browsers; are they affected in the same way?

tonyq 20:39 07 Jun 06

don't know,only use I.E. Thought it may be something to do with firewall,but I think that would effect all users.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…