Usefulness of Norton System Works

cymbo 21:21 05 Jul 05

Hi, Could I ask for members opinions of the usefulness of Norton System Works. I have it installed on my computer (but not the anti virus option). It came as part of the software bundle I received upon buying the computer and apart from using the "one button check up and win doctor" I have little use for it. I am having a clear out of little used programs.

Thanks,

cymbo.

stalion 21:32 05 Jul 05

it is very useful for repairing invalid shortcuts
and the find and fix problems is excellent for repairing windows problems.I also only use it for this and not the anti-virus.

mattyc_92 21:33 05 Jul 05

There is a defragment program in System Works. But I can't stand NSW anymore as it damaged my registry, thus having to format my machine

CHAIRLEG 21:44 05 Jul 05

Iuse the Fast and safe clean up quite a lot.

cymbo 21:54 05 Jul 05

Yes, I was wondering about broken shortcuts in the "one button check up". Is there any other program that repairs these errors? The entry in "Add or Remove Programs for NSW does not state how many Mbs of disk it takes up and I thought it might be rather large.

cymbo 21:58 05 Jul 05

Thanks for your posting. Luckily I haven't had any registry damage that I am aware of.

Cheers,

cymbo.

stalion 22:00 05 Jul 05

I beleive the whole package is about 70mb so not that big

cymbo 22:05 05 Jul 05

Thanks for your entry. I haven't used that option for a long time. I think I'll hold fire on removing NSW and try to properly evaluate it.

Thank You.

cymbo.

cymbo 22:12 05 Jul 05

Thanks, 70 Mbs isn't too bad. I missed out the word "space" after disk. I must pay more attention to what I'm typing.

Cheers,

cymbo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…