Useful Excel Addin... Favorite Excel files

Simsy 13:04 01 Dec 06

I've recently come across this addin for Excel which allows you to have your favourite Excel files readily accessible.

click here

It's better than the "most recently used" as things don't "drop off" the bottom of the list.

If you use lots of different Excel files, but have just a few that you always want to access easily this is just the thing.

Regards,

Simsy

VoG II 13:09 01 Dec 06

Thanks - that looks handy.

It is a pity that Microsoft didn't include the Work menu item that is present in Word in Excel.

(To display the Work option in Word, right click into an empty area of the toolbar, select Customize then the Commands tab. Scroll down the Categories list, highlight 'Built In Menus' then on the Commands list scroll down to 'Work' and click, hold and drag and drop it onto the toolbar or the Menu bar. Click the Close button on the Customize dialog.

To include a document on the Work menu simply open it then click on the Work menu button and select 'Add to Work Menu'. To remove a document from the menu press Ctrl + Alt + - (hyphen), the cursor changes to a thick horizontal bar, place it over the entry you want to delete and left click.)

Simsy 13:20 01 Dec 06

Yes I should have compared it to the "Work" menu!

Regards,

Simsy

GroupFC 14:17 01 Dec 06

I agree with VoG™ - that does look most useful!

VoG™ - I never knew that - thanks very much that should make my life a little easier!

GroupFC 14:33 01 Dec 06

ok, I have the "Favourites" under file in the menu bar - is there any way to get it onto the toolbar for easier access?

VoG II 14:42 01 Dec 06

I don't think so GroupFC. It also appears if you right click on a worksheet.

GroupFC 14:50 01 Dec 06

I didn't think so - but right-click is almost as good!

VoG II 14:59 01 Dec 06

I note that the code is not protected so it would be a fairly simple matter to program in a toolbar button as well :o)

flyboy 18:23 01 Dec 06

Thanks,

bump for reference

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…