used disc space

mobileman1953 16:14 04 Mar 05

i have a 80 gig hard drive and up until a few days ago i had use 5 gig of space, now suddenly it says i have used 13.5 gig of disc space i have not downloaded any programs or installed any can anyone explain where the disc space has gone

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:15 04 Mar 05

Have you run Disk Clean Up tool to see what temporary files can be wiped from the drive?

the-george 17:49 04 Mar 05

You do not say which o/s you are using.If it is ME or XP with system restore then I would make a new Restore point then revert back to a point prior to the problem.

before this, have a good look through Win Explorer and try to pick out any suspiciously large files and make a note of them - check if they are still there after the system restore.

Might also be useful to run a virus check and spyware check as well as the system cleanup suggested above before you create the system restore point.

Just one other point - Could this be the swap file in use? Somebody else may be able to advise on that.

FelixTCat 18:05 04 Mar 05

Download this program and run it. It will tell you what size all your directoties are: click here That will identify what is using up all the space.

mobileman1953 18:19 05 Mar 05

thanks for your help still cant find whats using space but i have plenty left so i will tick as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…