Used both connections simultanously - Memory Stick

digital_angel 11:43 01 Aug 14

Hello. First of all, i can't return the product to the store anymore, it's been more than a month since I bought it. Now, to the subject: my memory stick(Hama Laeta twin) isn't working, it doesn't install properly(it appears as "Removable Disk" in Computer, and there must have been the name I set). When I try to open it, it says "Please insert a disk into Removable Disk". I can't format it either. It worked before, but I tried using it as a data cable for my phone, connecting the USB head to the PC and the microUSB one to my phone. After that, it didn't work, I don't know how I fixed it after a few days, then tried it again after some time, got the same problem. I tried a lot of things before going to the manufacturer's website and read I shouldn't ever use both connections at the same time. At the store no-one told me that. What I've tried:

• changing drive letter paths
  • different programs(registry cleaners, formatters
  • uninstalling USB hubs
  • uninstalling all these: click here using other USB port
  • trying to find its software o the Internet, couldn't find anything

It doesn't work on any other device(phone, tablet, friend's PC).

-

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:56 01 Aug 14

what does it show in disk management?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:03 01 Aug 14

It may also be useful to use drivecleanup to remove all the registry entries for non connect usb drives before attempting any further restoration.

digital_angel 12:21 01 Aug 14

I'll try using drivecleanup. Disk management: click here

digital_angel 12:34 01 Aug 14

Used drivercleanup.exe, still not working. It's not my PC, it's the memory stick.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:34 01 Aug 14

I think that as nothing shows in disk management at £18 its one for the bin.

Another trick may be to put it in the freezer for 20 mins and then retry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…