Use Word to change phone number?

Graham* 15:50 PM 14 Feb 12

PictureBucket shows the item I need to change the phone number on. I can open it in Word but I can't see a way to edit it. Originally created in Word, I saved it using the Snipping Tool to save as a jpg. I have now saved it as a Word doc.

Diemmess 16:14 PM 14 Feb 12

I am afraid that all you have now is a picture (jpg)

You need a fancy photo editor software or a vector graphic one.

The principle which I would follow in outline is to encircle the text you want to change and fill with white (Luckily white is the background). Then type in the text you want and save the result)

There are all sorts of snags along the way, starting with a small picture in Word. Do you know anyone who can do this for you. If you have to go the picture editing way it might be better to scan the old letterhead at higher definition and start with smooth lines and edges.

If you have Corel Draw or Illustrator, you could quickly build this from scratch. There may be cheaper versions of both. Other members may help from their own experience.

Graham* 17:25 PM 14 Feb 12

Thanks, that's what I thought. I'll zap it onto my trusty laptop and clone brush it on Picture It! I'd make a new one but I can't find the logo...

Woolwell 18:23 PM 14 Feb 12

An OCR program will convert the picture's text back into a file than can be edited with Word. If you have a scanner then it probably came with a basic ocr program.

alB 18:35 PM 14 Feb 12

Graham* cats protection

...alB

Graham* 11:28 AM 15 Feb 12

PhotoBucket shows changed number now. I used Photoshop Elements 10.

This will be the new website once Office Live Small Business is closed down by Microsoft on 30th April. Lot of work to do on it yet.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…