Use VLC windows player

night 12:25 03 Nov 14

Having installed VLC on my Widows 8.1 computer, it will not play other video disc's and will only use Windows Media Player how does one incorporate the VLC in order to play other files ?

sunnystaines 14:21 03 Nov 14

go to program defaults via control panel and set vlc as default

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:57 03 Nov 14

Right click any video file and select play with VLC.

if you prefer it to WMP you can set it as the default video player.

night 16:38 03 Nov 14

Many thanks for replies, I guess it maybe I have downloaded the wrong VLC, I do have the Windows APP, but guess I need a safe download, I have tried right clicking a file but it wont play, also changed the default but no luck, can you advise the best VLC please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:13 03 Nov 14

click here official site

night 10:32 04 Nov 14

Thanks Fruit Bat , duly downloaded but on playing the disc and right clicking the file to play with VLC it wont play, I have tried changing to making VLC the default but it reverts back to Media Player so guess I am doing something wrong ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:00 04 Nov 14

What disc are you trying to play?

night 12:06 05 Nov 14

Thank you for your reply Fruit Bat, there are several file types on the disc which was sent from the USA, and to be honest I am not bothered as I thought VLC would open them but for some reason it wont but I thank you very much for your help one wins some and looses others I guess thanks again but Windows Media does play Mp 4 so that's good enough for me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…