Use of Utility Programs

LimestoneRock 18:47 23 Sep 06

Can you over-do the use of these programs? I generally use my computers daily and before I finish, I always run Reg Cleaner, CCleaner, AdAware, Spybot and then Diskeeper Lite. I fear that I am doing the over-play but does it do any harm to the system running the programs so often?

VoG II 18:56 23 Sep 06

I don't think mit can do any harm but daily does seem rather frequent.

I run Ad-aware etc. when there's an update or if I suspect I have caught something. I cleanup and defrag once a week.

Diodorus Siculus 18:58 23 Sep 06

It sounds a little zealous to me - in particular daily use of Diskkeeper Lite; when running the anti-spyware programs are you coming up with anything?

I run CCleaner daily and the others about once every few weeks. Spybot / Adaware never seems to come up with anything...

LimestoneRock 19:05 23 Sep 06

Thanks for your responses. AdAware normally comes up with 3/4 important ones and about 7 not so important ones to remove. Spybot is normally clear. I think I shall ease off! Would defragging harm the hard drive over the longer term do you think?

Diodorus Siculus 19:07 23 Sep 06

"Would defragging harm the hard drive over the longer term do you think?"

It shouldn't but at the same time, there's no need to add extra pressure to the hard disk.

GaT7 22:05 23 Sep 06

"AdAware normally comes up with 3/4 important ones and about 7 not so important ones to remove."

I think SpywareBlaster click here may cut that down to next to none. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…