use two monitors

Stroller 20:23 21 May 07

I have a Nvidia geforce FX 5200 graphics card, (about 2 1/2 year old) which has both DVI and VGA outputs.

is it possible to use both outputs and have two monitors showing the same view at the same time?

Reason - we will soon have my 86 year old father staying with us for a few days, and I know he will be interested in the web etc, but I do not want him anywhere near the keyboard, I learnt how to make a mess of things by unnessasary fiddling from him!

Thanks ,

Stroller

Totally-braindead 20:28 21 May 07

Yes is the simple answer.

woodchip 20:28 21 May 07

Yes but you only get Icons on one desktop, you drag programs you are using onto the other desktop. To do this connect two monitors then go to Display Options in control panel it comes under Display Adapter settings

AL47 20:59 21 May 07

i think you can use mirroring with ultramon program, i have it and there is a menu for mirroring, i use it on my laptops 7900 gtx, i dont think the programs free tho.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…