Use O2 Wireless Box With Another ISP?

JBroadsword 21:33 08 Jul 09

Hi - does anyone know if you're able to use an O2 Wireless Box/Router with another broadband provider such as Orange or Pipex? If so is there anything i need to do within the settings or is it a case of just inputting the appropriate username/password?

Thanks in advance.

T I M B O 14:46 09 Jul 09

Not normally. Most routers are configured to the ISP that provided the equipment. Maybe a firmware update from the manufacture of the router may sort that for you.

JBroadsword 15:56 09 Jul 09

Ah... ok. Thanks for the reply.

Rahere 17:45 09 Jul 09

For the o2 wireless II you don't enter any user name or passwords, the line is used to identify you, as with BT I think.

O2 routers can be reset and the defaults changed quite easily. You may need the super user password to access some settings such as changing from LLU for example, but check the info from your new ISP.

The username is “SuperUser” and password “O2Br0ad64nd”. You can change user by clicking on the Administrator link in the top left of the web page.

Hopefully you have a good experience with your new supplier....I just changed to o2, the process was painless apart from a deluge of update texts but at least they were communicating!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…