Use of multiple USB hubs

1933 11:41 18 Oct 04

Has anyone tried using a USB hub on another hub? If so where there any problems? As I seem to be running out of connections it would be handy to daisy-chain. Many thanks Dave

Diodorus Siculus 11:46 18 Oct 04

It can be done - but the problem of power can be an issue - ie not enough power being supplied to certain peripherals. It will work ok for those which have their own powersupply.

If you have a desktop and a space PCI slot, a 4 or 6 connection card would be useful.

JonnyTub 12:06 18 Oct 04

I have "daisychained" in the past so I'll confirm it can be done. However as Diodorus Siculus suggests power hungry devices without their own power supply are going to cause all manner of probs. What i did was to install (again as suggested by DS) 2 usb 2.0 pci cards.
I now have a total of 14usb 2.0 connections and 2 usb 1.1

Filch 17:53 18 Oct 04

You can get a powered hub(s) andd it won't matter about peripherals that don't have their own power supply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…