Use MS Access 97 databases in MS Access 2000.

TechMad 10:03 04 Feb 03

I have set myself up a database, which was created in MS Access 2000. However I have Access 97 on another computer. This means that when I convert it to open the database in the 97 version the database doesn't work. If I make sure the database works in Access 97, it falls apart at the seams in Access 2000.

Do you have any ideas on how I can build my database to be compatible with both versions at the sametime.

recap 10:31 04 Feb 03

When you go to save your database in 2K save it as a 97 database.

To do this go to "Tools/Database Utilities/Convert Database/Prior Database.

Then, when you have used it in the 97 version and put it back on the 2K version, you will be asked if you want to convert the database to the current version, say yes and it will open in 2k format.

TechMad 14:30 04 Feb 03

Thanks for your suggestion. This is the procedure that I am taking, but the database just falls apart. Is there a way to stop the convert to 2K dialogue box appearing?

I have another query, which is more useful than crucial. Can I get the "Compact and Repair" function from the tools menu to run before closing the database?

recap 19:39 04 Feb 03

Q1. I don't know if there is a way to stop the convert to 2K dialogue box from opening, but if you say no to this then the database won't open correctly.

Q2. Go to Tools/Options/General Tab/click Compact On Close check box.

TechMad 08:51 05 Feb 03

Ok, I'll leave my query there. Thanks for your help though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…