Use of Mich and Headset with MSN messenger

popali 16:36 24 Nov 04

I have started to use MSN messenger to communicate with my friends. We can type messages ok. We can see each other using web cams but we can not get the Audio Part to work. Every thing seems to be testing ok. Any ideas. Popali

johnnyrocker 16:40 24 Nov 04

msn has varying degrees of success dependant on os isp etc, i find yahoo messenger excellent and very easy to use

Technotiger 19:17 24 Nov 04

Hi, I have been using msn and netmeeting just as you have, for several years. Until about a year ago all was ok, but - then, no more audio, have tried all sorts all without having any effect. XP btw. Just about to give-up on this one, as all normal checks report all is well?? Unless anyone here knows better??

Hamish 20:02 24 Nov 04

I also have had trouble with audio in MSN messenger and of late I am unable to see my contact even when I know they are online, I now use yahoo messenger and also Skype. Skype is very good for audio but you can not use video. With yahoo messenger you can use video & audio even when one has broadband and the other is on dialup

Audeal 20:57 24 Nov 04

I find using both webcam and audio can be very poor unless you have a very fast processor. I have a gig processor and have problems with the audio in Skype and the picture is very slow to redraw when using the cam.

To use Audio and Webcam successfully you may need at least a 1.5 gig Processor at both ends of the line. I no longer use the cam, only Skype to chat to my Brother in Australia.

johnnyrocker 09:01 25 Nov 04

you could try eyball. com or as previously said yahoo messenger works excellently apart from games being a bit erratic

Technotiger 09:33 25 Nov 04

Hi, I will be giving Yahoo Messenger a try later on with my mate in Zanzibar (I am in UK), will let you know how we get on.

Technotiger 04:34 27 Nov 04

I am at this moment waiting for my friend in Zanzibar to come on-line, unfortunately he might not 'appear' as he is going to Goa in India today, don't know what time he is going, he will be away until January. so I am hoping he will come on-line shortly. I have already suggested to him that we give Yahoo a try, he agrees with me but 'fraid he is not too reliable time-wise:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…