use flash file in powerpoint

TomJerry 14:18 25 Oct 04

Is there anyway to use flash file in powerpoint?

leicray 14:37 25 Oct 04

Everything that you need to know can be found at:

click here

TomJerry 16:39 25 Oct 04

but, I still cannot work it out. I cannot find placeholder for animination, little rusty on VB

leicray 08:37 26 Oct 04

When you have clicked on the hammer & wrench icon the second time, just drag a placeholder on the slide with the mouse.

A dialogue panel should open up on the left side of the screen (PowerPoint 2002) and into that you can paste in the path to the animation and its dimensions.

TomJerry 09:19 26 Oct 04

when I click hammer & wrench icon, a lot of things come up, which one I should drag and to where?

leicray 16:58 26 Oct 04

Okay, step by step.

1) Make sure that you have the Visual Basic toolbar visible.

2) Click on the "hammer & wrench" icon. This will open another floating toolbar entitled "Control Toolbox".

3) Click on the "hammer & wrench" in the Control Toolbox. This will open a drop-down combo box menu of objects. Select "Shockwave Flash Object".

4) The cursor should now look like a "+". Use this cursor to drag/draw a rectangle on the PowerPoint slide.

5) Right-click within the rectangle and select "Properties". This should pop up a properties window into which you can type the location of the file containing the Movie (your Flash file). You may also want to set other parameters such as the height and width, though these should be picked up automatically from the inserted Flash file. You should also set "EmbedMovie" to "true" and "Loop" to true or false depending on your preference.

6) At this point, you will still only see a rectangle with a diagonal cross in it. Play the presentation to see the animation working.

TomJerry 17:52 26 Oct 04

got it work under both PP2000 and PP2003.

Wonderful stuff. many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…