USB/Camera Problem

beg 10:57 17 Feb 07

Until recently my USB/Camera worked fine, but now when I try to in stall pictures via USB - the message comes up: A USB device has exceeded the power limits of the hub port. for assistance in this matter click the message: A USB has malfunctioned to exceed the power limits of the hub port - to renable this port disconnect the hardware and click reset - if you click close the port will no longer function.
I have four USB Ports and have tried them all with the same result. My Flash Drive works as normal via USB. I run WIndows XP.
Any help would be very much appreciated

Gongoozler 11:08 17 Feb 07

The same problem is discussed here click here

vinnyT 12:04 17 Feb 07

Are you connecting the camera directly to a usb port on the pc (the rear ports are best for power suckers), or a usb hub, if the latter then try connecting directly to the pcs inbuilt usb port.

If you have any other usb devices connected, such as printers/scanners, try dis-connecting these before connecting the camera.

If the above doesn't work, next time you power off, dis-connect all usb devices, when you next start the pc, try the camera immediately.

The usb ports have a finite amount of power to work the devices connected, so it may work if you buy a powered usb hub.

Hope this helps.

beg 13:16 17 Feb 07

Gongoozler & vinny.

Very many thanks for your help. Think the problem is now sorted. Cheers.

vinnyT 15:47 17 Feb 07

Welcome

maddos 19:25 07 Feb 08

beg, would be very interested to know what solved the problem. Was it a connection to a rear usb port, or using a power hub.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac