USB/ADSL Modem-Networking

Colio 09:26 05 May 04

Hi

I am new to networking so when I bought a (Cabled) 4 port gateway router/built in switch, I new straightway I was in trouble.

The problem is that I have an external (Copper Jet)ADSL modem which connects via a USB. It does not have an Ethernet connection on it, which it states in the manual you need in order to connect the ADSL to the router.

My mother board has a single built in network connection on board.
Is there a way round this or do I need extra or different equipment.

Any help much appreciated

Colio

Chegs ® 10:16 05 May 04

I would get yourself an ADSL modem/router,as I doubt there is an easy way to setup your present equipment.

spuds 11:41 05 May 04

Some nice 'own brand' buys at click here

byfordr 11:47 05 May 04

click here Some deals. Particularly on wireless kit. Go for an all in one saves hassle! dg834 wired click here(£63)dg834g wireless click here (£100 Inc 1 wireless adapter)

HTH

R

Colio 18:46 29 Jul 04

Hi everyone

I have a Dell laptop which is running XP Pro, when a key is pressed the only thing it does is beep. It doesn’t display any characters from any of the keys. It has been connected to the internet and hasn’t been dropped – could it be a virus?

Colin

Hi everyone

I have a Dell laptop which is running XP Pro, when a key is pressed the only thing it does is beep. It doesn’t display any characters from any of the keys. It has been connected to the internet and hasn’t been dropped – could it be a virus?

Colin

Hi everyone

Colin

spuds 19:12 29 Jul 04

If you start a new subject, it is best to start a new post with appropriate title. That way, you will get a better response, especially as you have ticked and closed this post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…