USB3 card

Teddy Jeff 23:19 20 Feb 12

I have just fitted a USB3 card can anyone tell me if I need special leads or is my old usb cables/leads OK?

Teddy Jeff 09:51 21 Feb 12

Thank you Lazarus The 2nd, No I have no USB devices but my external hard drive seems to be running faster since connecting it to the new USB3 socket.I did not know about USB3 connections until now thanks for your help I now have some idea what to look for.

Best regards

Teddy Jeff

Teddy Jeff 09:54 21 Feb 12

Thank you Lazarus The 2nd, No I have no USB devices but my external hard drive seems to be running faster since connecting it to the new USB3 socket.I did not know about USB3 connections until now thanks for your help I now have some idea what to look for.

Best regards

Teddy Jeff

Furkin 12:25 21 Feb 12

The actual USB3 leads are different, but interchangeable.

They have 2 more pins & wires at present (& I think will also have fibre at some point), but you can use either.

Of course, you won't get USB3 through a USB2 cable - cos it dosn't have the necessary 2 extra pins. This also enables you to connect USB2 devices to a USB3 socket. To get the best, you need USB3 cables & USB3 devices.

They have 2 more pins & wires at present (& I think will also have fibre at some point), but you can use either.

Of course, you won't get USB3 through a USB2 cable - cos it dosn't have the necessary 2 extra pins. This also enables you to connect USB2 devices to a USB3 socket. To get the best, you need USB3 cables & USB3 devices.

Furkin 12:26 21 Feb 12

Furkin 12:27 21 Feb 12

Furkin 12:27 21 Feb 12

Furkin 12:28 21 Feb 12

sorry admin: no idea what happened here,,,,,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos