usb2.0 enhanced host controller driver update

the old man 23:25 07 Nov 05

I recently used Driver Detective and it told me that I needed updates to several drivers which are contained in enhanced host controller, universal host controller, ide controller and my c-media ac97 audio device. the drivers i currently have are dated as 2002, 2001, 2001 and 2003 respectively. When I have tried to update i have been experiencing problems and would like any available tips from people who have upgraded these drivers in the past. The upgrades for usb have been from via arena but when I did it I lost my mouse and modem, both usb.
I think this may be the remedy to my system crashing on a regular basis as previous posts show. It has taken me a long while to come down to this and I can smell success, it is that close. can someone help me out.

Totally-braindead 23:28 07 Nov 05

I'm always wary of any program that tells me I should do this or that. If you can say what make/model you motherboard is I'm sure someone will provide a link to the manufacturers website where you can get the latest drivers they have.

the old man 23:32 07 Nov 05

Mobo is Jetway kt400.

Totally-braindead 23:52 07 Nov 05

This is the website click here however I find no mention of a KT400 are you sure thats not the chipset rather than the motherboard number. Download Belarc or Everest and either of them will tell you what motherboard you have click here or click here

Totally-braindead 23:55 07 Nov 05

Or if you have any PC Advisor coverdisks they will be on some of them. Sandra is another program that will give you the info you need.

the old man 23:56 07 Nov 05

KT400-8235

Totally-braindead 00:20 08 Nov 05

Is this it do you know? click here

Totally-braindead 00:25 08 Nov 05

Try going here click here and let the Crucial website scan your PC and see what it says you have

€dstowe 08:39 08 Nov 05

Is your computer working the way you want it to? If yes, leave it alone.

Un-necessary updating of this that and the other can easily result in you owning a box of extremely expensive, useless junk - I've known it happen more than once.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…