usb2 vis usb1.1

jarani 22:38 09 Dec 05

i am a little confused - help please

should 2 now replace 1.1 - if a dig-camera has 1.1 is it slower / inferior to 2 in transfering data to the computer ? should one look for 2 connections or do all digcameras still come only with 1.1 connections ? - jarani

Skills 22:42 09 Dec 05

USB 2 data transfer speeds are alot faster than 1.1

I guess your talking about digital cameras and not webcams I should imagine that newer devices will use USB 2 although you'll have to check there specs individually. If they are USB 2 and you only have 1.1 then they will still work just at 1.1 speeds.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:51 09 Dec 05

Speed
Without going into any technical detail, USB is broken up into three speed groups;
Low Speed USB1(1.5Mbps), Full Speed USB1.1 (12Mbps), and Hi-Speed USB2 (480Mbps)

USB2
click here

USBMAN
click here

jarani 22:52 09 Dec 05

Skills - yes, digital cameras - a new camera just bought - I was surprised to see it provided with usb1.1 for I was expecting usb2 - I understand the advantages and have usb2 connections but why usb1.1 on a new camera - is it the norm ?

Skills 22:59 09 Dec 05

Not sure if its the norm prehaps USB 2 been out a fair while now so you would think that it would be used all the time now.

jarani 23:03 09 Dec 05

Skills & Fruit Bat - thanks for your comments - jarani

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…