usb2 problems again

mimo 15:23 29 Jan 04

hello all.over the last few months i have posted problems relating to my quest to upgrade to usb2.i havenet installed xp sp1 due to certain updates causing my computer to slow down.i thought installing just the hotfix for usb2 would help(hotfix q312370),but no.i installed my usb2 card this morning.it stated found new hardware then up popped the install wizard requesting the disc with the driver.i have installed this ,and my two new usb2 ports work.but i cant confirm if there are usb2 or 1 .i havent bought a device which is designed for usb2 just incase.
when i access device manager i have a second universal series bus controller.when you click on the + it states belkin usb2 high speed host controller,then underneath usb2 root hub device.is this usb2...thankyou for taking the time to read my plea for help .cheers mimo

Chegs ® 16:02 29 Jan 04

Yes,it is your USB2 connection.

mimo 16:20 29 Jan 04

hi chegs.just two more points.first according to the manual it should state one standard enhanced pci to usb host controller,mine dose not.secondly is there any way to confirm the transfer speed of these new usb ports.as you can probably tell im a novice when it comes to the pc and i hope you dont mind assisting me once more.thanks in advance mimo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…