USB2 problem.

MAGGX 13:21 31 Dec 03

Hi all.
I have a problem with connection of my USB2 to my P.C.
I'm on XP home. The wizard keeps coming up with 'cannot install hardware an error has occured.) If it came with disks insert now. It did but thet was for MS me & 2000.
Big elf is trying to help. I think this should have been a plug and play unit (usb) It came with a Canon 1250 scanner. has anybody had the same problem ?
Many thanks

minter 13:23 31 Dec 03

You should have been supplied with a CD with drivers for the printer.

You need to install these before the Canon printer will be recognised properly.

gold 47 13:33 31 Dec 03

Did you put the drivers in first?? then on boot up plug in your scanner Windows should then see the scanner and pick up the peinstalled drivers.

MAGGX 13:50 31 Dec 03

Hi,thanks for the replys.
The problem is with the USB" ports. The scanner is installed already but a message came up saying that it is connected to a low speed port so I connected the usb2 supplied with the scanner to speed it up. Originally it was connected to one of the ports on my PC which must have been a 1.1.
and worked but slowly. Iv'e unpluged the scanner so as to eliminate this from the problem. BIG ELF says to connect the USB to another slot but they are all full.
thanks for trying to help.

Big Elf 13:51 31 Dec 03

Also check whether there is a driver and/or software update available from Canon and do as the others suggest and install the software first.

Big Elf 13:54 31 Dec 03

Have you installed Service Pack 1 as this includes full support for USB2. Also what type of USB card/connector was supplied with the scanner?

gold 47 14:12 31 Dec 03

Go to control panel click on system and USB all USB adapters will show click update drivers on each adapter it worked for me.

MAGGX 14:34 31 Dec 03

Hi Gold,
Ive tried this but still no joy.
Driver detects
Veiw files. It says No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device.
Also In general Says device not configurated (code1)
On requesting driver up date it puts me back to the wizards screen which asks for Install software auto (recomended) 0r from a list of specific locations (Advanced)
Ive tried these but keep going round in rings.
Thanks

gold 47 19:58 31 Dec 03

Uninstall the card and see what windows finds on boot up in my case i got the same problem as you but that was because i installed extra USB2 on the front of the case that was a NEC .

MAGGX 15:21 01 Jan 04

Thanks Gold i'll give it a try.

MAGGX 12:28 02 Jan 04

Hi gold,
tried unpluging card nothing hapens ,no messages etc. Plug it back in and the same thing happens.
I'm still working on the help topics from Microsoft Evesham, Canon, the motherboard manual and any thing else I can think of. I've now spent days trying to find out the problem. Big elf has had ideas which is appriciated thanks all for trying to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…