USB2 MULTI-CARD READER

Bude 08:38 09 Dec 05

My PC runs Windows 98SE.When trying to install a Lexar USB2 Multi-card reader program the CD successfully initiates the installation sequence up to the point where the PC needs re-booting.After re-start the "Initialising" window appears and is then replaced with a window stating "Please remove your old driver before installing this one".I've not been able to find any way around this message and therefore can't complete installation.I've OK'd the USB port drivers via Microsoft's driver update site.
Any suggestions please.

spuds 11:09 09 Dec 05

Not sure about the answer to this question, but the earlier W98SE's had a usb problem. Try removing the card reader and driver from the system, then re-installing, perhaps using control panel hardware.

VideoSentry 14:42 09 Dec 05

I dont think 98Se and usb2 were compatible. Try this link click here I attach a quote from it "if you plan to use USB 2.0 with Windows 98SE and ME and your older motherboard, your only option is to purchase a card from a manufacturer that supplies the drivers for your OS"
Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…