USB2 Internal PCI card - problems

britianicus 07:43 15 Apr 03

I recently installed a USB2 PCI into my PC as I was running out of USB ports. I now have an internal USB card for 4 devices and a 2 further internal USB1 ports which came with my PC. I currently only have my mouse plugged into the new card as it seems to have caused conflicts with my other USB devices. Now whilst XP immediately picked up the new card with no problems when I boot my PC up now it takes ages and ages. Somtimes it doesn't pick up my mouse and other times it does.
Now what I think I need to do is to de-install all my current USB devices and then re-install using the new USB interface where required. Also can I still use the old USB ports? Any help much appreciated.

The relevant parts of my PC spec are as follows:- Athlon 1.8 running the latest patched version win XP. USB devices = scanner, printer, external USB modem, web cam, mouse, camera connectivity cable and old external USB hub.

AMD 4 ever 07:56 15 Apr 03

Can you try and put the mouse back in a usb 1.1.
Then, Get the disk that came with your PCI USB Device, goto device maager and select update driver, point it to the CDROM, then it should update it to thesupplied drivers instead of XP's.

Also try sfc /scannow (Will require XP Disk)

britianicus 20:43 17 Apr 03

Thanks I'll try those two suggestions however the documentation supplied with the USB card said the XP service pack 1 had all the relevant details for the card. But thanks very much indeed.

tamc98 21:33 17 Apr 03

I think that XP SP1 supports usb2 when it is installed on the mainboard. If it's on a pci card as yours is then you'll probably need the drivers that came with the card as it needs to work the card aswell as the ports.
Just a thought!
HTH. Tony.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…