USB2 to External EIDE - adaptor.

Gugs 23:14 21 Apr 05

I am trying to install a 'Myson-Century' unit (USB 2.0 Easy IDE) to operate an external HDD from the USB2.
My PC - Windows 98SE - 'finds' the new hardware on boot but The Wizard can not find the driver (Mcusbms. Mcusbmsp} for it, either from the installation CD, or from a transcribed copy on a floppy, and gives up.
The Device Manager then shows an amber ? for this item.
The adaptor is rated to work with 98SE if the driver is loaded but apparently later versions of Windows can provide their own.
Can anyone help please?.
Regards,

woodchip 23:23 21 Apr 05

USB2 will not work on 98se unless you get the drivers for USB2 that say's it will work on win98se. It will only work at USB1.1

woodchip 23:26 21 Apr 05

Try removing the drive then remove the yellow in Devise Manager restart comp run setup from the CD and then plug the drive into comp

Gugs 23:36 21 Apr 05

Thanks. I fitted a USB2 PCI card some time ago and other USB2 units have worked.
Will try your suggestion but think that I have tried every combination/sequence I could think of.
Cheers.

woodchip 10:15 22 Apr 05

The other USB2 units will work but only at USB1.1 unless the drivers for the card are installed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…