USB2 connections?

I ordered myself a Multicard reader that uses USB2, and while my Mobo only supports USB1 I have a USB2 PCI card fitted with four outputs, so I assumed that it would work ok with that. Unfortunately when the card reader arrived I found that the USB2 connections on it are for the Mobo and not the standard USB2 plug. Does anyone know if there is any way of adapting the card reader connections so that they fit a USB socket?

Diodorus Siculus 19:10 03 Apr 04

It's not the answer that you wanted, but I would suggest that if you can connect to your mobo as it is now, then go with it. You will not notice a great differece in speed.

jakimo 20:42 03 Apr 04

I have the same usb setup as you,if the card reader will connect to your mobo usb socket, then it should also connect to the pci usb2 card as both should have the same type connector.What pci card do you have installed?

Thanks for the reply Diodorus Siculus and jakimo, and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
The units a "Seitec 7 in 1" card reader. I tried connecting it direct to the Mobo in the hope of using it as USB1, but it refuses to find the drivers that I have already loaded for it, and while the USB2 PCI card that I have has four USB sockets, it doesn't have any other connections. I've looked for a website for Seitec for information on drivers etc but no luck yet.

ICF 19:15 04 Apr 04

Have a look here

click here

What operating system are you using?

Hi ICF, I'm running 98se at the moment. I've installed the Sietec 7 in 1 card reader and it eventually discovered the drivers I had put on for it, although it has really slowed the system down overall. Maybe its time to look at a new Mobo, a slightly faster one with USB2 onboard, still with 98se though. Looks like I'll be spending again! Many thanks for the replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…