USB2 Connect

swanny2 23:31 22 Jan 08

Hi
ive just ourchased a usb2 connect high speed 6 port Usb 2,0 Card.
Now b4 i had a like portable usb adaptor that i connected too my usb port on the back of my Pc. but it was my only option, so i could run my keyboard m ouse Camera as my Usb ports on my pc dont work only 2 at the back..
What id like too know of u techs,is How do i install this new device ive Bought,into my Pc. ?
cost me £47 and i dont want too mess it up in installing it..
im on XP at the back of my Pc as im looking above my modem slot ,is 3 metals thiings that look like u can push out for this too fit . im not sure hence me asking.
Can any 1 tell me if this is ok too fit? and how do i do it. appreciate ure comments. sorry for the ramble but im not keyed up in installing this. thanks in Advane people.
Swanny
:O)

Diemmess 09:40 23 Jan 08

The idea is straightforward, particularly if opening the computer doesn't worry you.

Assuming you are using XP and have a spare PCI slot on the motherboard.....

Open the box, remove a blank from the back of the case opposite where you will place the new card.

Plug the card carefully and fully home with its 6 ports accessible at the back of the computer.
Close the computer and enjoy!

If you don't understand any part of this, tell us what you want to know and say what version of Windows you are using.

swanny2 14:40 23 Jan 08

Thanks
im on windows Xp aBOVE MY mODEM WHERE ME ETHERNET CABLE GOES INTO THE pC, THERES LIKE 4 SLOTS,BUT ALL COVERED,DO THESE PUSH OUT EASY.
CHEERS SWANNY :o)oops soz caps.

iscanut2 15:48 23 Jan 08

Yes, just pop or push out a backing plate, you can do no harm.

swanny2 16:29 23 Jan 08

Thanks chaps all sorted was easy like you saaid, but im always wary when going into the pvvc.. thanks again :O)
Swanny .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…